Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bad At Lunch

It’s not an uncommon instance that I forget to eat lunch in my break at work because I’m too busy tweeting/foruming/checking my Facebook Sims (shh) so I don’t get to sneak out for lunch until 3 or so and then there’s only the choice of Starbucks or McDonalds since all the decent sandwich places are closing up for the day. In each case I need to pass the bargain books place that’s opened up right near my office, where I have to force myself not to gaze wistfully at their window displays because I’ve been in there at least once already that week and I don’t need any more books when I already have an iPhone stuffed to the gills with unread ebooks and a chockers bookshelf at home oh but they’re just $5 and surely I’ve got $5 to spare and I don’t really need to get a 10-pack of nuggets anyway, ooh, look there’s a Jennifer Weiner novel.

I picked up Good in Bed the other day because I wasn’t sure if I’d read it or not and a little way in I realised I had actually read it before but I still devoured it hungrily until I realised what was coming up and my guts twisted in horror and anticipation as my eyes sprinted towards it and then that thing happened and I cried my eyes out, again. Oh, Jennifer Weiner, I wonder if I’ll ever be as good as you even if I write every day until I’m ninety-three.

No comments:

Post a Comment